Saturday, June 23, 2018

Review: The Inner Circle

The Inner Circle The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yes, yes, and yes I am completely here for it all. Brad Meltzer delivers a great mystery book and includes archivists. Now true story, I did not really know what an archivist's job entailed until reading this book. But trust me when I say they are so much more than glorified librarians.

Beecher is my new spirit animal. Meltzer really outdid himself with this character. Beecher gives me cute, nerdy, smart vibes with an all too caring heart. He's that guy friend that always wants the best for everyone but is also an introvert. And who can't forget the bad girl with too much spunk, Clementine? Her name is badass in itself.

Well, what I enjoy most about Meltzer's writing in The Inner Circle is how he intertwines history with fiction. The conspiracy theories are real with this one, or are they simple truths come to light? Secret agencies keeping hundred-year-old secrets, common people accidentally finding out said secrets, and foolishness and mayhem ensue. This book has it all action, mystery, romantic moments and more. I cannot wait to read book #2 in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment