Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Last Summer with You ~ Fidelis O. Mkparu

My Last Summer with You: No Fanfare for a Withered RoseMy Last Summer with You: No Fanfare for a Withered Rose by Fidelis O. Mkparu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Last Summer with You was surprisingly good novel. Fidelis gives a convincing story of basically a young man growing up during his college years. I did appreciate the fact that this story with its romantic twists and turns was told from a male’s perspective. The way Joseph’s live intertwines with Wendy and Francesca kept me captivated in the story line as well as wanting to know more.

Fidelis brought to light a good number of social issues in My Last Summer. Among the many issues the most prevalent were racism and interracial dating in the 70’s. Fidelis not only brings a strong male character to the novel, he is backed up by many strong female characters as well. Joseph, a young teenager when the novel starts, Joseph learns to grow up fast, manage school work and manage loving a woman at the same time. Great job Fidelis on giving an excellent coming of age story with a twist.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment