Monday, April 15, 2013

Winds of Change ~ Mary Metcalfe

Winds of ChangeWinds of Change by Mary Metcalfe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mary Metcalfe really touched my soul with her novel Winds of Change. This touching dramatic romance gives the reader a look into the full life from a child to senior citizen. I know next to nothing about gardening, but this novel had me very interested in starting a small gardening. Her character development of the four main characters set a well balanced tone for the storyline. Jennifer's ability to learn to love again after so much lost at a late age, directly tied into Lana ability to accept love in her mid-twenties. Father and son, Mark and Ben's story played right along with the Lana and Jennifer's story. It was amazing seeing the lessons of forgiveness and lessons of trust being built between the characters. Although I do characterize this novel as sort of fictional romance it was so much more. Jennifer's relationship with her aging father, gave an overall message for everyone to cherish their parents while they are still here and in sound mind.

Metcalfe produced an excellent novel and I am itching to read Carol's story in part II.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment