Friday, January 17, 2020

The Outsider by Stephen King ~ Book Review

The OutsiderThe Outsider by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so surprised that I made it through this novel. This genre is so outside (no pun intended) my wheelhouse of genres. I'm glad I stuck it through, "The Outsider" was a great read. Clearly I did not read the entire synopsis of this book. Because if I had, I would have known it was part science fiction. It literally took me reading half of the book to realize it was science fiction/horror.

My favorite characters were Holly and Yunis. Holly's reactions to the foolishness and mayhem makes me think of I would possibly react in these situations. In addition, her social awkwardness is refreshing throughout the novel. Yunis just seems like a really cool cop that has a problem with censoring what comes out of his mouth, yet another one of my traits.

This novel starts off with a gruesome murder, but the who done it was kept me reading it's lengthy pages. Looking forward to my next Stephen King novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment