Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Death Displaced (Lansin Island Series #1) - Andrew Butcher

A Death Displaced (Lansin Island Series #1)A Death Displaced by Andrew Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Death Displaced is quite a paranormal drama normal with a hint of romance here and there. This book starts off slow but readers still need to pay attention to the facts of the story and keep reading. A little before midway the book picks up. Although I do wish the meat of the story and action per se would have picked up faster.

Butcher‘s style of writing is good, he’s able to tie in today’s life, with the past and also bring a sense of supernatural mystery to the story. The main characters are young but they have a maturity about them that quite frankly surprised me. Although the novel did take a while to get started in my opinion, once the action started it became an easy read.

I am glad that Butcher decided to make this a series piece, I can see at least 3 more books off of the characters introduced in this first novel alone. If a reader is looking a leisurely read that dabbles into witches, future seers and the likes, this book definitely delivers. Although the book is set in present day, it does make many references to the past and the history of the town; Butcher did an excellent job setting up the background story.

Quite enjoyed this read and I am looking forward to the next book A Body Displaced in 2013.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment