Sunday, July 21, 2013

Life is Full of Sweet Spots ~ Mary O' Connor

Mary O' Connor book Life is Full of Sweet Spots: An Exploration of Joy is positively just that a book of joy. I did not know what to expect upon first glance of this book. I was expecting to read short stories of dullness and mediocre scenarios. I was so surprised and so glad that O' Connor proved me wrong. This book takes what I and many people take for granted; nature. Nature is all around and us and if we just stand still and observe - look, listen and feel we will understand the joy that O' Connor's interviewers experienced. Life is definitely full of sweet spots as O' Connor expresses over and over in this book. What I found and you as a reader will find, is though I am not a nature person as I read this book and got deeper and deeper into the text I wanted to find that same peace and calmness that many of the stories evoked. I wanted to be able to swim with the dolphins, go fly fishing, go to a beautiful forest and be one with nature. Mary O' Connor and all of her interviewed guests place a sense of calmness on your reading spirit to want to have that centered, one with nature type of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment