Monday, June 16, 2014

The Tenth: A Novel by Smadar Shir ~ Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

The Tenth: A Novel (contemporary fiction Book 1)The Tenth: A Novel by Smadar Shir

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting novel. I have never had the chance to read a piece based on a terrorist attack survivor. Danny, the main character in this novel, although young, scared and in constant state of different degrees of pain, really is a strong young man with a great story to tell. Shir really did a wonderful job conveying Danny's emotional state of mind; remember Danny is a young ten-year old who has lost limbs and his mother in a terrorist bombing attack. How he relates to classmates, his father and his little sister just touched my heart. Autumn, the reporter, to me brought out Danny's will to be a better young man. Grant it he is still a child but after this event so much more will change in his life. Shir provided me with a humanizing way of looking at the victims of these attacks. Far too often we see the news and hear about the attacks but never hear about the aftermath, what happens to those who's lives are turned upside down from face-to-face experience. Really good book that opened my eyes more to the devastation and impact of terrorism.

This e-book may be purchased at the below link at Amazon:

Amazon: The Tenth - A Novel by Smadar Shir

View all my reviews

  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment