Friday, July 25, 2014

How the Water Falls ~ K.P. Kollenborn

How the Water FallsHow the Water Falls by K.P. Kollenborn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How the Water Falls by K.P. Kolleborn was such a touching novel. It depicts the lives of both white and black people during and slightly after the years of Apartheid. I must say this book did take me a few days to read, but I am glad I made it from cover to end.

The strong actions of Lena a young black woman with a mind to see people treated fairly and the actions of the young white journalist Joanne; their characters truly took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I laughed, cried, became angry at the circumstances at the life people had to endure through and live.

This novel does not give you a whole picture of life during Apartheid. This novel provides a small glimpse into that time period. I took away so much from this and discovered that perseverance is the key to righting wrong. Amazing novel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment