Friday, April 11, 2014

AMEN to ROT ~ Bryce Bentley Summers

AMEN to ROTAMEN to ROT by Bryce Bentley Summers
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Amen to Rot by Bryce Bentley Summers was a very quick read. In this short novel paranormal fiction is taken as just that paranormal fiction. Zombies, aliens and other unknown creatures flood the pages of this novel. I think it needed to be just a little bit longer to grasp the full potential of the main character. The reminiscent scenes into his past with his dad held excellent context clues to what he was in the present. But I just felt as though we were still missing the meat of the story. Summers does give you just enough to tag you along until the end of the novel; but as I stated before it left me wanted more information.

The cover of Amen to Rot is excellently designed. The rotted face of the zombie-esque creature holding the fish is very fitting for this novel. It reminded of what you see on today's paranormal graphic novels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment